Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feisty Ginsburg

I Wanted That Senator To See I'm Alive

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is responding to Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY), without naming him directly, over his recent prediction that she would be dead from pancreatic cancer within nine months.

In an interview with USA Today, Ginsburg explained why she made sure to attend President Obama's speech to Congress last week. "First, I wanted people to see that the Supreme Court isn't all male," the lone female justice said of the evening event Feb. 24. "I also wanted them to see I was alive and well, contrary to that senator who said I'd be dead within nine months."

Bunning made his remarks while speaking to a local GOP event back home in Kentucky, in explaining the importance of his commitment to appointing conservative judges, and how this would be an issue soon.

No comments: