Here's the GOP healthcare plan in a nutshell: Delay, Obstruct, Lie, Rinse, Repeat!
GOP consultant Alex Castellanos's has sent the GOP a memo advising the following:
If we slow this sausage-making process down, we can defeat it, and advance real reform that will actually help. Key Message Point: We've got to 'SLOW DOWN the OBAMA EXPERIMENT WITH OUR HEALTH.'The Huffington Post obtained a private memo that was distributed by the Republican National Committee. The 12-page memo calls for "like-minded advocates to help defeat President Barack Obama's health care proposals by delaying its consideration."
The Republican National Committee will engage in every activity we can to slow down this mad rush while promoting sensible alternatives that address health care costs and preserve quality.
As for a Republican alternative to the president's agenda, the RNC memo doesn't offer much in the way of details, save to make the argument that the status quo isn't as bad as it is being painted.The Republicans don't like change. They want the status quo!
So why would the Republicans want any change? It isn't because too many people aren't insured. It isn't because too many people can't even get insurance. The only reason they have for change is because of the high cost of insurance.
The Republican Party also knows it is a system in need of reform because it is costing our families and our businesses too much.In regard to specific talking points, the RNC Memo has nine of them:
* President Obama and Democrats are conducting a grand experiment with our economy, our country, and now our health care.The only thing the Repubicans can offer is delay and obfuscation. Nothings changed since 1993. Maybe the GOP should change its symbol from an elephant to a snail.
* President Obama's massive spending experiments have created more debt than at any other time in our nation's history.
* The President experimented with a $780 billion dollar budget-busting stimulus plan and unemployment is still rising. The President experimented with banks and auto companies, and now we're on the hook for tens of billions of dollars with no exit plan.
* Now the President is proposing more debt and more risk through a trillion dollar experiment with our health care.
* Democrats are proposing a government controlled health insurance system, which will control care, treatments, medicines and even what doctors a patient may see.
* This health care experiment will have consequences for generations, but President Obama and Democrats want to ram this legislation through Congress in two months.
* President Obama's health care experiment is too much, too fast, too soon. Our country cannot afford to fix health care through a rushed experiment.
* Americans want health care reform that addresses, not increases, cost or debt.
* Government takeover is the wrong way to go -- health care decisions should remain between the doctor and the patient.