Sunday, May 10, 2009

'Moderate' is not a Republican Word

Former VP Dick Cheney was on Face the Nation. When asked whether he would side with Powell over Rush Limbaugh about the future of the GOP (moderation vs. doubling down on core principles) he rejected moderates and chose Gingrich over Powell.

If I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with Rush Limbaugh. My take on it was Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a Republican.

Slightly taken aback, host Bob Schieffer asked Cheney whether he truly thought Powell was "not a Republican."

I just noted he endorsed the Democratic candidate for president this time, Barack Obama. I assumed that that is some indication of his loyalty and his interest

While Cheney defined the move as a product of Powell's changing politics; Limbaugh has insisted the endorsement was race-based.




Today on
ABC's This Week, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) also said, "I don't want to moderate either. I think our policies, the principles of our party, are as viable today as they have been in the past."

No comments: